Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wajanbolic, one of my solutions for internet connection problem

In Indonesian ...

I have a lacking of internet connection. Well, finally I found one solution of this problem, The Wajanbolic. Unfortunately, the price is too much for me, 300 rupiahs (or $29 cost). So I decided to made it myself.

I have read an article from Onno W. Purbo about how to make a wajanbolic. Preparations are :

1. frying pan (Aluminium Alloy)

2. Pralon pipe (4.5 in diameter and at least 9 in length)

fortunately I have the remnant 2ft length

3. Pipe cap

4. Aluminium foil paper

The tools : Cutter, Scissor, Hand Drill, ruler

29856_1365366308647_1666342561_890063_1171922_n

At traditional market, frying pan just 50 thousand rupiahs (about $ 5). Aluminium foil paper is 23 thousand rupiahs (about $ 2.5). And a pipe cap just 12 thousand rupiahs (about $1.5). Fortunately, I still have the remnant of Pralon pipe (4.5 in diameter) 24in length (2ft). Total cost : $5 + $2.5 + $1.5 = $9.

how to make it?. First, I need a hand drill, but I haven’t. In my town there are any of small business for making house fence. So I just rent them to make a hole at my new-frying pan for 5 thousand rupiahs (50 cent) as well as the pipe cap. Then, joined the holed frying-pan and pipe-cap with bolt and nut. see the picture bellow

wajanbolik 01

Second, make a hole at Pralon pipe so an USB-Cable can through inside. There are some formulas to get correct position of the hole (see picture below). To know the formulas, visit Onno W. Purbo site or download the formulas by click here(*xls).

3g-wajanbolic-design 200px-3g-step1

Third, joining Pralon Pipe to the Frying Pan at the pipe cap. Then Wrap the pipe as long as L (see the picture above).

Finally, this is my Wajanbolic :

02-10-10_1651

0 Comments: