Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Transpose function in Ms. Excel, without paste special

In Indonesian…

When I was studying at university, I have a problem to transpose some data matrix. I have knew about paste special, but it’s just copy and paste and no links to the previous data. Then I found a function in Ms Excel about “transpose”. Check this out :

First, you need to make a matrix (table). For example I have made a 3x5 matrix :

clip_image002

At the blank area, make a block for the transpose matrix. Example; I have made a 3x5 matrix, so the transpose is 5x3 matrix.

clip_image004

From the picture above, on the B8, put the function “ =TRANSPOSE( “

Then block the 3x5 matrix from B2 until F4

clip_image006

Here’s the important point. Don’t ever push only the “Enter” button

You must push “Ctrl+Shift+Enter”. And this is the result :

clip_image008

0 Comments: