Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Anthropometry measurement using a camera and some gauges.

In Indonesian

I have a problem when I made my scientific-paper to get my graduation. I should measure at least 100 students samples of a high school in my town. I know they are so dynamic and easy to be bored. I should take the measurement as quick as possible.

Then I remembered about a prisoners pictures in the jail. At the picture below, there is a gauge behind the prisoner.

clip_image002

The picture above depict that the height of the prisoner is about 190cm. I know that is not true. Because the actual of the height should be less than that. Look at the picture below. The actual height of a man is n+a while the camera says that the height is n+b.

clip_image004

The picture above can be simplified like the picture below :

clip_image006

From the picture above, we can use some simple trigonometry formulas to get the actual height of the students. For advanced measurement, can be like the picture below. Sorry about the complex picture, I hope you can understanding the picture.

clip_image008

0 Comments: